Friday 13 September 2013

IF NOT FOR GOD...


We were going for a training outside Nigeria three years ago. The plane we boarded from Port Harcourt to Lagos on reaching Lagos could not descend. The weather was bad and turbulent so that instead of the vessel to descend, it had to go higher and higher because the visibility was bad. I never had that experience in my life because the wind was beating the aircraft mercilessly and we could hear the noise. It was just as if the plane was galloping in the air. My heart skipped a few beats, but at the same time I was declaring the Word and also knew we would be fine. We floated up there for twelve extra minutes (beyond the supposed landing time) and eventually landed safely. I didn't know people were scared until we alighted and I overheard fellow passengers telling loved ones on phone our ordeal before we landed.

However something happened back in Port Harcourt before take-off. I sat close to the middle of the plane by the window and from this side, I could see the plane's left wing very well. I saw a figure on the wing. It was an imp. I cannot describe how it looked exactly, but I knew it was a demon. I don't usually see things like this, so I was sure it was not a delusion. Immediately I chuckled and  told him I was in the plane so he couldn't operate there, adding that I already sent the blood of Jesus ahead of me to make the journey smooth.

This made me know that the issue we had in Lagos was meant to be a crash, but the Lord delivered and indeed His blood saved and protected not only me, but everyone else in the vessel.
Another time when travelling for another training, at the international airport in Lagos, I was with some colleagues. We were done checking in but went over to a 'Bureau de Change' to change money. I had my passport and some other documents in my hand. From there we proceded to the immigration side from where we would head to our boarding gate. Then I checked my hand, I couldn't find my passport anymore. I looked inside the paper bag I carried, it was nowhere to be found. I was dumbfounded. What would I tell my boss? One of my colleagues went back with me to the places we passed through carefully looking around the floor. No passport. In my heart, I was just asking for God's mercy because I realised I handled the passport a little carelessly.

After dilly-dallying around for a few minutes without success, we saw a custom officer asking people around who owned a passport. We rushed to meet him and behold it was my passport. We thanked him and hurriedly returned to meet our colleagues who were waiting for us. I was grateful the passport was not found by any of those riff-raffs that always move to and fro airport lobbies to steal or dupe. I was grateful I didn't have to call my boss and explain nonsense to him. If not for God....

No comments:

Post a Comment