Monday 9 September 2013

HE NEVER SPARES THE ROD TO SPOIL THE CHILD

I used to be a 'no-nonsense' little girl. I would never take insults from my older ones, and my younger siblings, enough beating for them if they misbehaved. There was this day I was angry with my oldest sister so that I repeated to her what she said to me in a contemptous way (repeating words in a 'yan-yan-yan-yan' format). She was so hurt and reported me to dad who beat the hell out of me. I cried and cried and cried till my sister who reported me started to pity me and pacify me. Well, I deserved the caning.

Now, if our earthly fathers discipline us when we go wrong, how much more our heavenly Father.
I have been on a course and my instructor has a way of picking any of us trainees to present on a topic he chooses the previous day for us to prepare for. Last week Tuesday, I did not read and so asked the Lord to keep my instructor from calling me. I knew I must not try that again next time as I might not escape. My instructor called another person to present the topic. I was so glad and grateful. The next day was a tiring day for me, so I went straight to bed after classes. I woke up in the middle of the night to read, but the topic was somewhat abstract, so I did not read well and asked the Lord to bail me out again.

Hmm, the following afternoon after lunch (we usually have the presentations after lunch), I was over-confident my name would be skipped. Lo, I was the chosen for that day! Ah, what would I say? I dragged my feet to the front of the class thinking to myself, 'Father, You didn't answer this prayer?' Kai! I could only explain 25% of what was expected of me. I was so ashamed of myself and this event coloured my mood for the evening. I was not happy at all. That was a sound spanking from the Lord. I know I must never go to class unprepared again, or else I will be called.
But it was all my fault, for though I was tired the preceding day, but I could have used the one hour window my instructor usually gives us to work on the presentation topic for the next day. Instead, I was facebooking. This my God, He never spares the rod to spoil the child at all. He well knows how to pamper, but He never indulges. He is my Father and my Daddy and I am glad He treats me not as a bastard. Lord, help that I don't wait to be spanked before I learn again.

Hebrews12:7
If you aren’t disciplined like the other children, you aren’t part of the family.

2 comments:

  1. Nice one. You know, we mistake our running loose without correction from God as His way of loving us not knowing that it simply means we're not even His children.

    I pray for chastening from Him for when I receive such from my Father, then I'm reminded I'm one of His and being shown what it really means to be loved. God bless you dear..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen. Thank you Beloved. May He never grow tired of correcting and rebuking us.

      Delete