Tuesday 24 December 2013

WE WISH YOU A MANY CHRISTMAS


Last year Christmas, I was at my sister’s in Owerri. She told me how her daughter, Dammy who was three then, sang on stage during her school's Christmas party. She was given the mic to lead and she sang:

‘We wish you a MANY Christmas
We wish you a MANY Christmas
We wish you a MANY Christmas
And a Happy New Year.’

I laughed. So we went out. And in the car I was teasing the girl singing her version of the Christmas song and added my own version:

‘We wish you a DAMMY Christmas
We wish you a DAMMY Christmas
We wish you a DAMMY Christmas
And a Happy New Year.’

I saw a smile tug at a corner of her mouth as I sang. She waited patiently for me to land and then she shot back:

‘We wish you a AUNTY Christmas
We wish you a AUNTY Christmas
We wish you a AUNTY Christmas
And a Happy New Year.’

We all burst out laughing. Her mum quipped, ‘You think she is not wise?’ Oh my darling little Dammy.

So,
I wish you all a (fill in your name) Christmas
And I wish you a very Merry Christmas
Remember Jesus Christ is the reason for this celebration
He loves you and He longs for a relationship with you.
Do accept Him into Your life if you are yet to
And live for Him if you've already let Him in

No comments:

Post a Comment