Tuesday 2 July 2013

THIS TIME LAST YEAR

About this hour last year in Port Harcourt on Trans Amadi Road opposite First Bank, I entered a one-chance taxi and was robbed of a notable sum of money. It was like a dream. I was going to church and the monies were my tithes and a seed. Well, I had to cross over to the bank and make another withdrawal because I said to myself, 'Will I because of this not pay my tithes and this seed?'
It was a painful experience for me and what made it hurt more was the fact that it was the second time in the year I would have such experience. Earlier in the year on April 1st I was duped in another man's land of some money. I was an over-trusting Johnny-Just-Come and that was well taken advantage of (full story here: http://preciousay.blogspot.ca/2012/11/i-think-i-was-duped-this-is-account-of.html)
I got to church that evening, we had our Sunday School Prep meeting before the program of the day, after the prep class, one of my pastors observed that I was not my usual self and that something must be wrong. So, I opened up. A big sister was there too and a friend. I told them my anger was just the fact that a similar thing happened earlier in the year, 'Am I the only one?' They tried to encourage me, but I knew I should take it up in prayer....
I didn't tell this story to my people at home, they will all be reading it for the first time now except for my elder sister. Well, it's a story today, it doesn't hurt anymore and it has added to my story. One thing is through the tears and laughs, through the joys and sorrows, through the delays and speed, through the sighs and smiles, through the mistakes and corrections if we will let Him, He is writing a beautiful story with our lives. All we have to do is to give Him the pieces and He will turn them to a masterpiece. He has not finished with me yet, I know that.

No comments:

Post a Comment