Wednesday 17 July 2013

Mi o ni ṣe bẹ́ẹ̀ mọ́

Would I have known that I would get late to work when I was leaving home this morning? And it was all my fault. I got to the train station in good time, my train was slightly delayed due to some bugs in the line. At last it came, but because there were so many people and I would most likely stand throughout the journey, I decided to wait for the next train which on a good day should come in five minutes. (I don't do this usually, I go with the first train no matter what.)

Hmm, the next train was first delayed, and then cancelled. Apologies blew over the PA system, but gosh, I was late already. I had to wait for the third train which was also delayed and came after almost twenty minutes of waiting. I hopped in and stood for the main part of the ride because it was jampacked (as a lot of commuters like me who would have gone with the cancelled train were there).
I arrived at the office thirty seven minutes late. I will never wait for the next train again on a working day, no matter how crowded it is. Mi o ni ṣe bẹ́ẹ̀ mọ́.

*Mi o ni ṣe bẹ́ẹ̀ mọ́ : An expression in my mother tongue (Yoruba) meaning 'I will not do that again'.

No comments:

Post a Comment