Monday 12 January 2015

Blessed Assurance

I was a bit indisposed this past week, menstrual cramps palaver. Thankfully, we were not drilling at the time and my absence would not be a problem, so I was excused from work. It was not easy because I had to roll to and fro on my narrow cabin bed trying different postures, while I groaned holding my tummy, that would help minimise the naughty pain. My colleague told the medic for me and he came with some pain relief drugs and a heating pad for my tummy. Pain is not good o, I still trust God for a pain free menstrual cycle and will not give up. (When I was finally okay, I was glad I could sleep anyhow I want without having to assume any special posture).
So on Saturday, I managed to work for six hours, but my colleague excused me when she saw I was still contorting my face. On landing on my bed, I worried. I worried because it was Saturday,  our emergency drill day. We hold emergency drills at 9 o' clock either in the morning or in the evening on Saturdays. I had no idea if it was scheduled for 9am that day. But then, I was calmed by His peace because I reasoned that God knew I would be in that state and would prefer to be lying down to rest because of the pain, as such He would have ensured ahead of time that the drill was fixed for the evening. And that even if it was to hold that morning, it would be delayed till evening time. With this in mind, I went to sleep. I didn't decree or declare anything, I knew it was a settled case. And that was it, my rest was not disturbed because the drill held in the evening when I was already strong.
Thinking upon this, I could relate it to a bigger matter like marriage. If God could go ahead of me to ensure that the schedule for a weekly drill on a drilling rig favoured me, how much more would He perfect everything that concerns my marriage. Although I am done from the school of worry on this matter of marriage, but this was a good analogy for me and I am much more at rest and encouraged in the Lord my God.
I hope someone else is encouraged too.

2 comments: