Friday 16 November 2012

FRANCE AGAIN!

I'm back in France and should be there for more than one month, for another training of course. Surely, I can't be duped again. Just that I came in on a Monday and went straight to class. I was struggling to keep my eyes open in class. I was so tired that I went straight to bed that night the moment I touched my bed. The hotel room is not bad, just that there is no kitchenette, so you can't do any cooking for yourself.
 Family and friends gave me chores to complete before returning home, which I hope to accomplish:
  1. Add on weight
  2. Learn French
On the first day, in the taxi I entered from the airport, the cold was not friendly on me. Unfortunately, I did not have my jacket on. I tried to tell the driver in English it was too cold for me and that he should put on his warmer. But each time I told him that, he reduced the temperature. There was obviously a language barrier between us, I had to endure the cold until I got to my destination. Here, it might not be easy for you if you cannot speak French as most people you'll come across knows little English or pretends to.

Here is a message I sent to some loved ones:

My trip was fine. It is chilling cold here. We are transiting to winter (autumn). I have just one jacket and I'm planning to get more layers on Saturday plus a pair of winter boots and long thermal socks.
The training has been fine so far, except for the fact that I am the least experienced among my colleagues. But I'm coping and learning fast. Today, we had our first test and I had a straight 91%. I was so glad to God as I was highly encouraged. I need to improve on the practical side however.
I have had some challenges with what food to eat here for dinners. (We are not booked to eat dinners (plus lunch if on weekends at the hotel. We are given some money to buy food for ourselves.) Last week, I bought some rice and chicken curry for 12.5 euros at a Pakistani restaurant I went to with my colleagues. But, alas, I could not eat the food because of some strange flavour it has. It was in my fridge for four days when I gave it to the woman that cleaned my room on Saturday. I was happy I did not have to throw away 12.5 euros.
For over a week, I was taking soaked garri and fried chicken, at times, some cakes. I did not enjoy it very well all along but I had no choice until today when I took the 'risk' of going again with my colleagues to a Turkish restaurant. God so good, I found what I've been searching for. Their food was so good, except for the long walk it takes to get there from the hotel....
                                                                 



And in response to this mail, my people replied I should not return home leaner in spite of all...smh

No comments:

Post a Comment