Sunday 25 November 2012

The Void Spelt G.O.D

For several weeks, I was down (not healthwise). I found it hard to pray well and could not sing freely. It was painful because I knew my joy was not full. Little things pissed me off and I was often feeling grouchy, dissatisfied about everything. 

I knew it was a big vacuum that only God could fill and I was crying to Him everyday to fill it. My personal praise/worship life was minus. All these were pointers to the fact that I needed more of God. I am a prolific writer (writes proses, poems and plays), but when I'm down, I always struggle for ideas. I have learnt over years of walking with God that He is my Source for everything, my Muse and my sense of wits, my dancing steps and my sweet music, my joy and my smiles.

Throughout this period, I rarely posted on my Facebook pages because there was almost nothing to post. But glory, I'm alive again. He has refreshed me and is still doing so. I sing to Him effortlessly now, and I'm sure it is getting better, my joy is getting fuller as each day passes and my wits are back. Hallelujah!

One of the past days of dryness, I wrote this poem on 24/10/2012:

THE VOID SPELT G.O.D
Each time I get uptight and grouchy,
reacting at every slight provocation-
I know there is a void in me which needs to be filled.
Each time I feel unnecessarily dissatisfied about life,
feeling something is missing in spite of having 'all'
I know there is a void waiting to be filled.

This void is spelt G.O.D -
Every man has it,
great or small.
Everyone experiences it,
saved or unsaved.

Truth is many do not realise it can only be filled by GOD,
So they think it will go if they make more money
or if they get more influential.
A lot feel it will leave if they become more beautiful
or go trans-sexual.
Several others try to 'increase' in good deeds
just for this void to vanish.
Many a dignitary had killed him(her)self because of this void
and a number of commoners too.

If only they knew that the only one who could fill the void was GOD!
If only they knew that all they ever really wanted was GOD -
Not more fame or wealth;
Not more goodness or nicety;
Not more silver or gold;
Not more beauty or pomp -
Not more power or influence
For in Him all things consist
and if you have Him,
everything else runs after you.

©2012, Ayobami Temitope Kehinde

No comments:

Post a Comment