Thursday 4 July 2013

A LITTLE GIRL'S SENSE OF WIT

On July 2nd in Newfoundland, I was at my friend's to do my laundry. When she was taking me back to my hotel in her car, we were chatting and I was busy with my phone. So, I didn't know a chicken crossed the road until her little daughter asked,
'Why did the chicken cross the road?'
Her mum said, 'The chicken? Maybe it wanted to cross to the other side.'
She was not satisfied with the answer.
I looked up and asked, 'A chicken? Did a chicken cross the road?'
They confirmed it did. So, we both asked her why the chicken crossed and she said,
'It crossed the road because it wanted to die.' We burst out laughing. What a sense of wit for a little girl!
And this little girl's name is Sofia. She goes to my church with her mum and dad.

© July 2013, Ayobami Temitope Kehinde

No comments:

Post a Comment