Monday 4 February 2013

Today

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Clips-from-MY-LIFE/330907330306751


Today, after classes, I had to find a supermarket to buy a tube of toothpaste from. But I walked and walked far away from my hotel and saw no such store. I could only see restaurants and snacks shops. I sighted a Tabac shop and popped in hoping against hope I might find what I wanted. No, they only have what spoils teeth and breaks lungs, as usual. As it's one of the sure spots to get mobile recharge cards from, I ordered for a card and popped out to continue my quest.

O my, but I'm sure there is at least a shop around this city for such things, I'm sure. So I walked on, not letting go. I couldn't have let go, anyway, or I will have to go out tomorrow with a smelly mouth. I at last saw a pharmacy store from across the road, excited God had answered my prayer, I crossed and tried to open the door, but it wouldn't budge. I glanced up and saw a note on a side of the door that the shop will not be open for some time. Disappointed, I left, to resume my search.

After a while, I saw a supermarket ahead of me. At last. I breathed some thanks to the Lord. In here, I looked from shelf to shelf for my most pressing need at the time. It appeared like it was not available, but I would not give up, else my mouth smells tomorrow. After several minutes, I approached the shelf of interest and picked the toothpaste.

Many times in life we are like this,but a lot of time we give up because what we have been painstakingly working, hoping and praying for seem not to come through. O for the fortitude to hold on in times of waiting and not to give up on our efforts.

1 comment: