Monday 4 February 2013

NO FRIDGE

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Clips-from-MY-LIFE/330907330306751 

NO FRIDGE

I needed to move from where I was to another city for a training yesterday. Now, I had some vegetable soup in my fridge which I thought to take along with some garri for ẹ̀bà. But while I was packing, I changed my mind about going with the soup. I read some article of late which made me skeptical of using plastics or foils to warm food in the microwave oven; and since the hotel room I would be lodged in was not expected to have a kitchenette, so there would not be any ceramic plate available to warm the soup in. As such, I dropped the soup which I had already packed.

When I arrived at the town that hosts the hotel, it took me a while to locate the hotel as it is not on the main road. I opened the door to my room, relieved I made it at last to the place, turned on the lights and unpacked, while taking in the simple beauty of the room. I looked around and could not find a fridge. It must be my eyes. But no, my eyes saw well, no fridge indeed. This is quite abnormal for a hotel room! No fridge, no tea/coffee corner, no electric kettle to boil water for my ẹ̀bà. What if I had brought the vegetable?! It would have spoilt and wasted for no means of preservation. It was then I understood clearly that the Lord was leading me, though it seemed like I was the one making my own plans, when I decided to drop the soup.

It would never cease to amaze me how God leads and guides His children even when they are not conscious of it, in little things and big issues alike.https://www.facebook.com/pages/Clips-from-MY-LIFE/330907330306751

1 comment:

  1. There is a verse in the scripture that talks about how it is for (wo)man to plan (her) his course...This, my friend, is such!

    ReplyDelete